The 4th INDIALICS Conference 2017
Innovation for Sustainable Development: Perspectives, Policies and Practices in South Asia
Dates: 2nd to 4th November 2017
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Call for Papers & Research Proposals
In the last few decades, technological and organizational innovations have played a pivotal role in transforming the economies and societies of the South-Asian countries, setting them at the frontiers of science and technology advancement. Various policies and institutional arrangements have been restructured and created to achieve global competitiveness and faster economic growth. However, along with high economic growth, there is increasing inequality and exclusion as well as over-exploitation of natural resources. The emerging challenge, therefore, is to accomplish equilibrium between economic growth and social justice, through innovative and sustainable practices.
Drawing inspiration from the existing narratives and discourses, the 4th Indialics conference is thematised as “Innovation for Sustainable Development: Perspectives, Policies and Practices in South Asia”. This conference will explore the nature, determinants and direction of innovation and new pathways for meeting future challenges in the context of sustainable development with specific reference to South Asia. We posit that the challenges cannot be seen as isolated from each other but interconnected and require social, institutional and policy innovations, political processes and the interconnections between these. The conference will reflect on challenges and opportunities in fostering innovation for socio-economic development and sustainability.
Key Conference Themes will include:
- Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture/ (including Food Security, Farmers’ Innovation)
- Global Value Chains and Innovation Systems
- Sanitation and Waste Management
- Climate Change Adaption, Mitigation, and Resilience
- Gender, Technology and Innovation
- Innovation in the Informal Economy
- Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)
- R&D and Technology Transfer; University-Industry Linkages
- Innovations in Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- IPR, Standards & Regulations in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)
- Foresights and Futures for Technology
- Responsible Innovation
- Deadline for Extended Abstract: 20th April 2017
- Notification of Acceptance of Extended Abstracts: 20th June 2017
- Last Date for Submission of Full Papers: 20th September 2017 (for Selected Abstracts).
Format for Extended Abstract/Research Proposal (around 1200 words): Paper proposal should preferably include following subsections (a) Purpose (b) Design/Methodology/Approach (c) Findings (d) Implications (e) Originality/Value (f) Keywords (maximum 5). The extended abstract should not have been published earlier in any form. Authors of the accepted abstract will be invited to present their work at the conference. Papers by young scholars are particularly encouraged. The author(s) are expected to follow above format for submission. All submissions should be submitted online.
Form for Submission of Extended Abstract: http://bit.ly/2lmF9tO
This conference is being organized by the Centre for Studies in Science Policy (CSSP), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
Convener of the Conference: Saradindu Bhaduri, Chairperson, CSSP.
Coordinators: Sujit Bhattacharya (CSIR-NISTADS) and Dinesh Abrol (ISID)
All communications regarding the INDIALICS2017 should be addressed to:
Dr Anup Kumar Das, CSSP, Room #228, SSS-I, JNU, New Delhi 110067. Tel. +91-11-26738906. Hashtag for Social Media: #INDIALICS2017